David Dilworth’s Apology Email To Everyone But The Mayor

Titled it “Mea Culpa”. Better to say “ego sum a moron”, he’ll read that . . .

One of the proponents for the ouster of Pacific Grove Mayor Dan Cort issued an apology Sunday for his actions.

Cort said Sunday he had not received a copy of that letter. He said still believes his stepping down will end what he says has been a distraction in getting the city back on track.

David Dilworth’s Apology Email To Everyone But The Mayor

Letters From The Editor – David Dilworth Deserves Applause

Sure. Applause that he outed himself, showing everyone what kind of person he really is..

Dilworth deserves applause

The Herald may have managed to demonize David Dilworth for standing up to the mayor and governance in Pacific Grove, but it took at least three articles including an editorial and reprinting Dilworth’s letter to Mayor Dan Cort several times to make Dilworth the demon.

Letters From The Editor – David Dilworth Deserves Applause

Letters From The Editor – Can David Dilworth Muster

Was 2nd from the last. More people voted for Loosin’ Susan than him.

Recall votes don’t seem to be there

If David Dilworth couldn’t get enough votes to be elected to the Pacific Grove City Council in 2008, and previously, why does he think he can get enough to recall Mayor Dan Cort, and council members Deborah Lindsay, Bill Kampe, and Vicki Stilwell?

Letters From The Editor – Can David Dilworth Muster

P.G. Council OKs Contract Extension

Lisa “Bare” Bennett was the lone no vote.

Contract modification agreements with city employees were approved by a 6-1 vote Wednesday by the Pacific Grove City Council.
The agreement with general employees will impose a one-day furlough each month by closing City Hall, resulting in a 5 percent pay cut.

The Pacific Grove Police Officers Association has agreed to defer a 9.8 percent pay raise due this year in exchange for extending their contract by an additional year.

Police officers also will receive a bank of 60 hours of personal leave and increases in overtime pay, and they agreed to forgo an option to cash out a portion of unused leave for one year.

P.G. Council OKs Contract Extension

Letters From The Editor – ‘The Lost Hometown’

As a citizen of Pacific Grove, it is hard to decide whether to be ashamed or disappointed in light of Mayor Cort’s resignation.

I will opt to feel both. It is shameful that David Dilworth, someone with such little political sway, to the point he cannot get elected to the City Council, can launch a de facto coup d’etat through petty threats toward the mayor’s Wikipedia legacy in a negotiating tone that would make Don Corleone proud.

Letters From The Editor – ‘The Lost Hometown’

David Dilworth’s Attack Fails

During Wednesday’s council meeting, about 14 people addressed the council in support of Cort, but not one spoke in support of the recall effort. Dilworth and Zito have reportedly only collected a handful of the 1,000 signatures of registered voters required to place the recall on the ballot.

The Pine Cone sent questions via email to Dilworth. “Politics, like art, is about drawing the line somewhere,” Dilworth said. “We all have to decide what is too much.”

Though Dilworth’s threatening email may not have broken any laws, Cort said he feels Dilworth’s reputation has been permanently damaged by the email message.

“I think it’s the end of whatever limited credibility that man had,” Cort said.

So, mayor Cort has some sort of spine it seems.

David Dilworth’s Attack Fails

David Dilworth Also Wants Newly Elected Council To Quit

This is a press release from the self-styled “Committee to Save Pacific Grove” which states that they are not only trying to recall Dan Cort but have added Bill Kampe, Vicki Stilwell and Deborah Lindsay to the list.

Best thing the “Committee to Save Pacific Grove” can do is leave town. Think Peace Corps. Far far away.

David Dilworth Also Wants Newly Elected Council To Quit

Pine Cone Asks Hear-Old If They Have Learned Anything

In the latest election that David Dilworth failed, the Hear-Old did state in it’s endorsement editorial that Dilworth “has no credibility”.

While Dilworth spoke, the reporter from the Herald took notes. When he finished, the reporter left.

A few days later, the embarrassing episode was reported in the Herald without a hint of skepticism, thus elevating it from a brief farce played out in front of an audience of perhaps 100 people to something that was embellished with the Herald’s credibility even as it was delivered into the hands of tens of thousand of local news consumers, and which now lives forever in the Herald’s archives.

Pine Cone Asks Hear-Old If They Have Learned Anything

Olga Ospina’s Dead Dog Lawsuit Extended To 81 Year Old

Dog lovers, sheeshe.

Olga

“The actions and inactions of Donald Armstrong were grossly negligent, wanton, indifferent to humanity ….” according to Ospina’s lawsuit.
But in a court declaration in April, Bazan provided possible reason her father didn’t intervene, calling the 81-year-old “senile” with “diminishing reasoning abilities and slower thought processes.”

Olga Ospina’s Dead Dog Lawsuit Extended To 81 Year Old