Might as well bring this picture back with an update. How are those sex offender programs working out, son of Pollacci?
Jordan Pollacci, 24, who is the son of convicted rapist Tom Pollacci, was taken into custody for misdemeanor invasion of privacy and felony probation violation after a man reported seeing Pollacci using a cell phone to snap photos under his wife’s dress.
PS, the KSBW URL link for it’s story is somewhat amusing calling Jordan a Pebble Beach Pervert –
Jordan Pollacci Arrested For Up-The-Skirt Pictures
KSBW Explains the squirrel bit.
He’s been in County Jail ever since the first trail.
He has been held in Monterey County Jail since the first guilty verdict but will now be moved to a state prison. While in the county facility, “he has received no disciplinary action reports or writeups” for bad behavior, according to Wouden.
Meanwhile, his parents have settled a federal civil lawsuit brought by one of Pollacci’s victims, which claimed they were negligent for letting their son, who was first convicted of sex crimes in the early 1990s, work in their liquor stores. A lawsuit by Jane Doe 1 was filed in federal court against the Pollacci’s. Late last year, a judge ruled they could be held personally liable for negligence. The family also sold its Pacific Grove and Carmel liquor stores, which are now owned by Lopez family, who also owns Lopez Taqueria & Liquor on Del Monte Avenue and Lopez Restaurante y Cantina on Cass Street.
Pollacci Going To Prison – Finally
Pollacci made his plea the same day his trial was set to begin. Nine women were scheduled to testify that they were raped by the Pebble Beach man over the past three decades.
In 2008, a woman went into a Pacific Grove liquor store where Pollacci worked to buy water, prosecutor Michael Breeden said. Pollacci asked the woman to go on a lunch date with him and she agreed.
“They went to lunch a second time, and he took her to the travel trailer,” Breeden said. “She did not want to go in. He raped her once they were inside.”
In April 2007, he went on a dinner date with another woman and also forced her into his parent’s travel trailer and raped her, Breeden said. The trailer was parked at the Monterey airport at the time.
Pollacci Plea Bargains In Rape Trial
Or is it?
There is still a chance the trial will not go forward. On Friday, the attorneys indicated there were ongoing settlement discussions
He was convicted and sentenced to eight years in prison for that crime last year. The victim in that case will join his current accusers and six other women who will testify they had been raped by Pollacci since the 1980s.
All of the victims claim they were attacked by Pollacci on dates or in some other consensual social setting. The current charges allege he raped both victims in his parent’s travel trailer. The third rape allegedly occurred in the loft at his father’s former Pacific Grove liquor store, Ron’s Liquors.
That business, which was recently sold, was also the location of the 2008 rape for which he was convicted last year.
Tom Pollacci’s Next Rape Trial Starting
The store on Lighthouse played a prominent role during Tom Pollacci’s 2010 criminal trial in which a jury found he raped a woman in the loft. According to prosecutors, nine other women have reported being raped by him over the last three decades. His next trial, on charges of raping two of them, is scheduled to begin July 11 in Monterey County Superior Court.
Pollacci and his family are also being sued in Superior Court by one of his victims and in U.S. District Court by another. Pollacci worked at the Ron’s Liquors in Pacific Grove and Carmel for many years, and met several of his victims there, where he commonly checked the IDs of customers, according to court testimony.
Pollacci Liquor Store Sold
Good chance of Tom being put away for life.
Tom Pollacci won’t have to face the woman whose powerful testimony riveted his first rape trial last spring, with her story of being kidnapped in her bathrobe and raped by him in 1980 when she was just 16 years old.
But seven other women who say they were raped by Pollacci — including Jane Doe 10, whose accusations resulted in his conviction in April 2010 and sentence of eight years in prison — will be allowed to testify against him on charges of raping two more victims in 2007 and 2008, a judge ruled Friday.Prosecutors now say there at least 10 women were victimized by Pollacci during a crime spree that began when he was 20 years old and continued while he worked at his family’s liquor stores in Carmel and Pacific Grove
7 More Victims To Testify Against Pollacci
Normal delays. But article does mention that the former P.G. Ron’s Liquors clerk is a guest of the former P.G. Police Chief’s jail, and sadly has not made it to the ‘Big House’ yet.
(Judge) Grover had to postpone the discussion because of jury selection in another case and asked public defender Michelle Wouden and deputy district attorney Mike Breeden to return at 8:30 a.m. June 17 for arguments
Pollacci, who has been in county jail since receiving an eight-year prison sentence after a jury found him guilty of rape last summer, appeared in court briefly Wednesday afternoon
Pollacci’s Second Rape Trial Witness Admissibility Hearing
And lawsuits have been filed against the Pollaccis and the liquor stores, which coincidentally are in escrow
Prosecutor Michael Breeden did not get all he asked for Friday. Judge Adrienne Grover, who was recently assigned to the case, said the account of one woman who says she was kidnapped from her home by Pollacci and another man, taken to the Carmel River and raped 31 years ago is too dissimilar to the other women’s stories and too damaging to Pollacci to be told to his new jury.
According to statements in court, one of the women who has yet to tell her story publicly maintains she met Pollacci when she bought a bottle of water at Ron’s Liquors and told him she was going to the beach to study. She told investigators Pollacci later found her on the beach south of Asilomar, walked her to her car and raped her in the parking lot.
Seven Of Pollacci’s Alleged Victims Will Testify
(prosecutor)Breeden said he’s looking forward to moving ahead with the trial, considering the new charges were filed a year ago. “It would be nice to get the case tried,” he said.
Really. The sooner Tommy gets to the Big House the more better.
Pollacci’s Second Rape Trial Set For July
Tommy has a public defender?
The trial of former liquor store worker Tom Pollacci — who was convicted last year of raping a woman before being charged with three more rapes — will not be moved to Madera County as his public defender had sought.
Though Pollacci’s attorney, Michelle Wouden, had argued the trial should be moved because it would be difficult to seat an impartial jury considering the extensive news coverage of Pollacci’s criminal cases, Superior Court Judge Terrance Duncan ruled May 20 the trial will stay in Monterey County.
Pollacci’s Next Rape Trial To Stay In Monterey County