Why Is New Monterey Called New Monterey?

New Monterey

KION comes up with a history lesson, but no real explanation.

New Monterey was named by Little and real estate developers about 1886, who began to sell lots in the later 1880s. Little became City Engineer in 1892. The Milton Little (Walter’s father) family farm was located in the area, with the family home and “ranch house” on Lighthouse Ave.

Now, who knows where the taco bell tower columns on that gateway sign came from? They were recycled…

Lighthouse Curve Spanish Tile Col

Why Is New Monterey Called New Monterey?