One solution. Or is removing dead birds from window sills without a work order from the HOA against the rules?

One solution. Or is removing dead birds from window sills without a work order from the HOA against the rules?


Carmel-Fresno Airport has a nice sound, right? Is this the same group that wanted to change the name of the Stockton airport to San Francisco Stockton Regional Airport.
Should we all just start tacking “Carmel” to everything to increase it’s value to the less than intelligent tourists?
A Carmel tourism group has proposed changing the name of the Monterey Regional Airport — as it’s currently known — to the Carmel-Monterey Regional Airport, according to a proposal to the airport district’s board of directors this week.
Representatives for the group, Visit Carmel, which is funded by hotel and restaurant customers, showed Monterey Peninsula Airport District’s five directors Wednesday a presentation outlining why it believes including “Carmel” in the name would benefit the airport and the city.
Living it the way he chose to.
Scott Russo in 2005, arrested for robbing the Kragen Auto Parts store he managed

Scott Russo in 2020

On November 28, 2020 at approximately 6:57 p.m., Monterey Police Officers were dispatched to Mandeville Court on a report of a burglary in progress at a closed business. The person reporting the incident observed the suspect inside the business removing items before leaving in a pickup truck. Responding officers located the truck on Highway 68 and stopped it.
The driver of the truck was identified as Scott Russo, 47 years-old of Monterey. Russo was found to be on Post Release Community Supervision (PRCS) for a previous conviction of burglary and had an outstanding felony arrest warrant for burglary. Russo was arrested and in possession of burglary tools and a small amount of cocaine. Officers searched the truck and located stolen property that
had been taken from the business on Mandeville Court.
Somebody’s going to get sued..
The application for the project was made by Vista Nadura LLC and developer Nader Agha, who were told in September by the Monterey County Planning Commission that their application is incomplete. They are appealing that decision to the county supervisors.
The site is located behind Carmel Valley Manor. The subdivision dates back to 2002, and Agha contends his application should have been certified as complete 13 years ago. A county report at the time indicated that the application was determined to be incomplete “because the applicant had not submitted proof of adequate water supply.”
New Recreation Trail accessories to remain safe on that dangerous trail:
The DA’s Office said a man was biking home from work on the Recreation Trail in Monterey on July 28, 2000, when Sean Adams lunged out from the side of the trail and threw a jar full of acid at the cyclist, causing severe chemical burns to his face and upper torso. Officers located Adams after the attack and he still had the jar in his hand. Officers tried to detain him but he fought wildly and had to be pepper-sprayed before he could be subdued. The DA’s Office says Adams was extremely delusional, belligerent and screamed nonsensical statements.
In 2003, Adams was found not guilty by reason of insanity and committed to the Department of State Hospitals, where he has remained since then. Psychologists and psychiatrists working at the Department of State Hospitals make a recommendation to the DA’s Office for either release or continued commitment of Adams every two years and they recommended the continued commitment of Adams, 49.
Adams objected and was entitled to a jury trial to determine if he should be released. A Monterey County jury returned a verdict Thursday that his civil commitment should be extended two years.
Can’t get free plastic bags at the store, but cities were giving away plastic bags to pick up dog poop. Carmel has halted the giveaway.
. . the little baggies available from dispensers all over town that dog walkers use to clean up after their pets,cost taxpayers more than $20,000 annually, city administrator Chip Rerig said this week. So, like many other niceties, they are getting cut out of the budget.

Pack everyone in multiple dwelling units, ride side by side in public transit. Yah don’t breath, folks
The dedicated naysayers and their various acolytes in government and associated lobbying groups have long criticized the typical single-family home, like those found throughout San Mateo County, as a huge waste of space, economic resources, land and other societal requirements.
It’s been the goal of the single-family foes to halt, or severely limit, any further construction of such houses in favor of their preferred option, decidedly unattractive, multi-story, stack-and-pack apartment/condo buildings, many of them monolithic eyesores.
But guess what? The very nature of the single-family home – a stand-alone structure, with front and rear yards, separated from its neighbors (sometimes by fencing) – would tend to allow its residents to self-quarantine in some very laudable and significant degrees of isolation.
Single use plastic bags are always more sanitary.

Safeway and Albertsons say if you bring your own bag, employees will not be able to touch them or fill them, so you’ll have to do your own bagging. Some stores, like the Safeway at 6310 College Ave. in Oakland, have a large sign informing customers of the policy change. At others, you might not learn about it until the cashier rings you up.
The policy is not unique to supermarkets. Trader Joe’s, Total Wine and More, Target and dollar stores are reportedly following similar procedures.
Wouldn’t a rail-like system work on existing rails? Only in service during rush hours and sits empty the rest of the day?

The project calls for constructing a 12-foot-wide reversible busway with shoulders along a six-mile section of the TAMC-owned rail line right of way parallel to Highway 1 from Del Monte Boulevard and Palm Avenue in Marina to the Contra Costa Street intersection in Sand City/Seaside, allowing buses to operate in both directions.
The project already has $15 million in allocated Measure X funding, and TAMC and MST are expected to seek about $25 million in state grant funding to cover the remainder of the project’s total capital cost.
Good. 
Monterey political candidates take note: No longer will you be able to stick signs in the ground on city property.
It’s not just political signs, but all signs that are placed on the public’s property will suffer scrutiny by the city’s code enforcement department. Of course there are exceptions, most notably the prohibition doesn’t apply to the use of city property for people who have a special event permit, license agreement, concession or a lease.