Notice that the signs are only in English?
“They were everywhere the last time we came, but we didn’t see them this time, probably because we didn’t see them in the same places as last time,” Carey said, adding that his family took the warnings seriously.
“But we don’t go all the way into the water. Just to about here,” he added, motioning to his lower leg.
Posted at area beaches by Monterey County Environmental Health staff when beachwater bacteria levels exceed state standards, the 8-inch-by-11-inch signs reading “Warning! Ocean water contact may cause illness” hung at three entrances to the beach on Saturday.