Sustainable Practices Leads To House Burning Down

I’ll keep putting my potato peels down the disposal thank you

brevity 21222610080609

A fire destroyed a home at 15 East Rounds Ave. Saturday morning after a compost pile spontaneously combusted.

The compost pile was located next to a deck that was attached to the house.

“Once that organic material reaches a certain temperature, it ignites,” said Franklin County Fire Investigator John Bashaw. “Something like that needs to be kept away from a house.”
No one was injured in the blaze.

Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Sustainable Practices Leads To House Burning Down