Carbon Monoxide Kills Two In Monterey

If you have gas appliances of any kind, a carbon monoxide detector is a must. You can find one at Ace Hardware.

Firefighters were sent to a Monterey home in the 700 block of Lottie Street at 9:17 a.m. Monday on reports of two people who were unresponsive.

When firefighters arrived, they determined that there were high levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment.

The causes of death were determined to be accidental.

Deputies said a wall-mounted gas heater appears to have played a role in their deaths.

Carbon Monoxide Kills Two In Monterey