Social conditions, however, were changing. Radio entered the scene and could be listened to at home, never mind static on the station. Community events were giving ground to the flapper era. Attendance at the Chautauqua events dwindled. After the 1926 season, the doors closed. . .
. . In 1921, the Boy Scouts of Pacific Grove were assured a home in perpetuity. Chautauqua Hall’s title, however, was signed over to the City of Pacific Grove with instructions to make the building available for purposes other than scouting
Has it become politically incorrect to proudly display the presence of BSA Troop 90? There used to be a Boy Scouts Fleur de Lis symbol on the door.