Plan to spend more money to play golf, remove a tree or park at Lovers Point in Pacific Grove this coming year.
Along with increasing fees, the city will not fill open vacancies in the police and recreation departments in an effort to help balance the 2007-08 budget.
· Eliminate a fire chief position and contract with Monterey for incident command services instead.
· Keep the museum director position open for half of the year and hire a part-time employee at a quarter of the director’s annual salary. The current director, Paul Finnegan, has said he will retire in December.
· Keep vacant two police officer and one recreation department office assistant positions.
· Eliminate a $10,000 contract to check remodeling/building permits.
· Contract to provide additional fire management services for Carmel.
· Implement a new $200 tree removal/trimming permit application fee.
· Increase golf course fees.
· Modify the golf clubhouse use permit to allow for private parties and meetings.
· Increase rents from recreation facilities and parks.
· Raise $60,000 through the museum, potentially by charging admission.
· Install parking meters at Lovers Point and Central and Eardley avenues.